Thin Bed Dry Mortar is high strength ,pre-Mixed, quality assured Mortar as per ASTM-C-1660 -P10. It is specially formulated so it does not require post curing and can be easily applied, giving a better bonding with higher air entraining properties. “Biltech Bond – Thin Bed Dry Mortar” is a masonry mortar for use in laying various types of Flyash / Concrete bricks / blocks and AAC (Autoclave Areated Concrete) Blocks. It replaces conventional jointing mortar of 12-18mm thickness with highly versatile 3-5mm thickness mortar.
|Shelf life||Minimum 6 months|
|Mortar setting time||2hrs 30 min as per IS 4031 (P-4R5)|
|Bulk density||1500 ± 70 Kg/M3|
|Split Tensile strength(28 days)||0.45 Mpa (minimum 0.34 Mpa)|
Reaction of acid(on direct application on wall)
A) 50% Sulphuric acid – no effect observed
B) 10% Hydrochloric acid- no effect observed
Alkali Reaction – 10% Sodium Hydroxide- no effect observed
- Biltech Dry Mortar is a thin-joint, high strength adhesive for quick and firm laying of AAC blocks with superior benefits.
- Thin joint enables the construction process to progress quickly, resulting in early occupation and therefore faster return on capital investment.
- The quick-setting properties of the mortar eliminate any restriction on wall height. They can be built in a day by virtue of the fact that the resultant walls have a far higher flexural strength than walls built with standard mortar.
Easy to use Biltech Bond Thin Bed Mortar
Economic, fast and easy to use (mix & apply), only addition of water is required. Applicable for dry and wet areas, internally and externally.
Biltech Bond Thin Bed Mortar Bag available in 20Kgs.
- Mortar joints are hardly 3-4mm thickness
- Does not allow creation of a thermal bridge
- No pre-wetting and post curing required
- Substantial saving in water
- Good workability
- Due to single product usage, space and inventory of material is less
- Excellent bonding
- High resistance to water and extreme weather conditions
- Non shrinkage mortar
- Airtight better thermal and Sound Insulation